Mental Health Aide – Children & Teens w/ Emotional Impairments
Integrated Home Help Services, Inc.
Minimum qualification for Mental Health Aide:
- Able to pass competency test
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Good physical health, pass physical/t.b. skin test
- Three references
- Suitable to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of each resident
- Be capable of handling emergency situations
Direct Care Staff must be competent in the following areas before performing assigned tasks, training classes will be provided:
- Reporting Requirements
- First Aid
- Personal Care, supervision, protection
- Resident Rights
- Safety & Fire Prevention
- Prevention & Containment of communicable disease
Mental Health Aide Job Functions consist of but are not limited to the following:
- If stated in Plan of Service; provide or assist person served with hygiene, including bathing, dressing, shaving, oral care, ear and nail care, etc. This may include toileting residents according to their plan or service, and/or checking for wetness or soiling every hour.
- Completing daily programs, including documentation.
- Acting as a strong advocate for the rights of person served. Following all treatment plans as outlined in the Person’s Served Plan of Service.
- REPORT ANY ABUSE/NEGLECT IMMEDIATELY.
- Assist with medical appointments as needed with proper documentation.
- Assisting with shopping assigned for home maintaining accuracy with petty cash.
- Assisting person served with outings, documenting outings as neededy. All outings are for people served; no personal business will be conducted while on shift.
- Signing all logs and service charts on a daily basis.
- Communicate with support service personnel and parent/guardians.
- Use gentle teaching
- Stay calm and professional at all times.
Verbal, visual, and written communication skills are essential requirements for MHA’s.
- Participation in all staff meetings, program meetings, and other special meetings.
- Reporting delegated duties at staff meetings.
- Carrying out all house and Integrated Living, Inc. policies
- MHA’s are also responsible for any and all responsibilities delegated to them by the Supervisor.
Please download and complete the below PDF, and submit it in the box provided. All qualified candidates will hear back within a few business days of submitting a completed application.