It’s important to us that you know your loved ones are in good hands. At Integrated Living, Inc., we hire the best—and only the best. We believe in giving people the best care possible. For us, that means that all of our potential employees must meet and excel certain levels of expectations and standards set by our Founder/CEO. With our company, our persons served and their families must always come first.
A Strict Screening Process All of our applicants must complete a written job application, and at least one face-to-face interview with Integrated Living administrative staff in our corporate offices. Work and personal references are requested and verified. A thorough physical exam is then required with random drug screenings. National and local criminal background checks are done as well as finger printing as required by the state of Michigan. In-house driving record checks are completed prior to employment. All background checks are repeated periodically thereafter. All further screening is done through the national registered sex offender list. Verification of character is also completed through the county Office of Recipient Rights.
Vigorous Training The following training is completed as appropriate for staff working in various settings:
All management staff are promoted within the organization and mentored by senior managers, administrative staff and the quality assurance coordinator.
- Macomb Oakland Regional Center—Direct Care Certification.
- CPR & First Aid training.
- Recipient Rights training through Macomb and Oakland County.
- Person-Centered Services training and mentoring in keeping with corporate care philosophy.
- Community Mental Health training.
- Training with the Behavioral Psychologist and Supports Coordinator as required by the MORC and MCCMH Children’s Waiver Programs.